Thursday, February 02, 2006

Soldier Returns Home

I thought I might mention here that my son got to leave Iraq for a couple of weeks. He arrived home today. It just so happens my wife is good friends with one of the local TV news reporters who was at the airport doing a story about the same time my son arrived. I'm sure in the TV business one good story deserves another so the reporter turned the camera and microphone in my son's direction when he was walking into the airport from the plane. We were sitting in our living room getting ready to go eat while watching the five o'clock news and got to see the story the local TV news reporter captured earlier in the day. I wasn't able to be there so it was a special treat for me to see it too. We are so glad to have our son home for a visit. I am sure the time will be too short but it is sure good to see him again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home