Friday, January 20, 2006

Day 35 a Week Later

Time flies! So do I sometimes for that matter. We will be flying back to Rochester around March 19 for my 100 day checkup for two days. That is when I find out whether the high dose chemo did what we hoped it would. I am told the chemo continues to work for 60 days (maybe more) after it is administered. My hair is growing but to give you an idea, I can shave my face with a blade and it will last four or five days. I shaved yesterday and my face feels as smooth right now as it did yesterday - amazing.

We got back home last Thursday. Friday was a day to recover from the trip which covered 900 miles and took about 17 hours to drive. I did call the Cancer Center here to see about what I needed to do but all the nurses took the day off which delayed the call until Tuesday. Saturday through Monday was a three day weekend due to Martin Luther King's birthday. I went to work Tuesday for the first day for about three hours. I rested Wednesday. Actually, I took a ten block walk Wednesday afternoon which wore me out. I took a nap after I got back.

Thursday I went to work for another approximate three hours. And today, more of the same. I feel a little stronger each day. I was told I would be anemic until the end of the month. I am sure that must have something to do with my energy level, mostly the lack thereof. But I won't know for sure what my red blood cell count is until the hematologist here finally contacts the hematologist at Mayo to get an update so I can begin getting tested and treated here. I've waited all week for them to connect. I was told the Mayo hematologist called the one here Wednesday but he was out so Mayo just left a message. The continuing saga - ha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home