Sunday, January 08, 2006

FREE at Last!

They let me out of the hospital this morning. I was so happy! I was beginning to get concerned I would waste away with extremely minimal physical activity and laying in bed almost all day. It is going to take a few days to get me back up to climbing stairs and going as good as I was before I went in the hospital but thank God I'm out of there. Not that they didn't treat me real nice and help me get better. If you aren't real sick, the confinement begins to get to you. At least it was getting to me.

Of course, another aspect of this is that my CBC numbers are still below normal. Today, red blood cell count was 10.3 (below normal), white blood cell count was 3.5 (bottom of the normal range), and platelets 150 something (bottom of the normal range). I am told it will take a month or two for my numbers to come up into the normal range. Right now, I am very vulnerable to infections. I will continue to be at risk for pneumonia and other infections. Therefore, I will be on antibiotics for at least a year.

Today it is partly sunny and low 30's right now. Not too bad a day compared with the overcast sky we had for so long.

I have to go back to the hospital this afternoon to pick up my meds then it is once a day for blood work and a checkup for the next few days.

Stay tuned for future developments...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home