Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Rough Day

Well, we started early this morning getting prepared for a sigmoidoscophy. That was complicated by stomach cramps and vomiting. I was only fifteen minutes late for my appointment. Next we stopped off at station 94 for blood draws etc. Then back out to get a CT scan. Then back to station 94. To make a long story short, I have been admitted to the hospital and may be here two or three days. All the exit appointments have been canceled and are being rescheduled. I am being observed for an inflamed and possibly infected colon. I also have a strep infection. beyond the two or three days, I may have to hang around ten days to complete the antibiotics. Right now, nothing is certain and I may have to go back for a colonoscophy tomorrow. I'm just thankful this stuff surfaced now rather than on the road or back in Columbus where they would be less familiar with my case.

Sorry I had to bring you all this bad news but apparently the way this game is played is three steps forward and one step back. Hopefully I won't draw a penalty card and have to take more steps back. I'm looking to advance to Boardwalk, do not go to jail, and collect $200 - ha.

Stay tuned...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home