Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Day 12

Well, we made it to day 12. Yesterday I actually felt good from about four A.M. until about seven A.M. Today I felt not good, but better all day compared with two days ago. So far I have managed to skip getting fluids, or platelets, or blood for the last several days. That means I don't have to spend lots of time at station 94 hooked up to an IV drip machine. They tell me my white cell counts have come from undetectable to barely detectable so that is an improvement. The real test is 500 nutrophils or better three days in a row. Hopefully that will happen this week. I still have to force myself to eat because I don't get hungry and food tastes like paste. I still manage to get twelve or fifteen hundred calories a day. The nutritionist would like to see two thousand or better but that hasn't happened but maybe once.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home