Thursday, December 01, 2005

M.S. and PhD 12/1/05

The weather in Minnesota functions on the M.S. and PhD. level -- More of the Same and Piled Higher and Deeper. We woke to a blanket of snow about two or three inches deep. It got down to about eight degrees last night. I read in How to Talk Minnesotan that the weather is a topic of conversation about 35% of the time in Minnesota. Can you tell?

We collected about 1.5 million stem cells today. Dr. Haymen told us that is a very respectable number. She also said the numbers usually start high and taper off but it is somewhat variable and unpredictable. If I keep going at this rate, I should be done with this in four or five more days. We are going to continue to collect through the weekend. It is more difficult than you might think to lay in a bed with a metal needle in your arm and not move it (much) for five hours. I will be glad when this part is finished. It also makes me very tired. I slept two hours yesterday and this afternoon. It seemed like I was more tired yesterday. Maybe I am just getting used to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home