Saturday, November 19, 2005

Troy, MO 11/19/05

Well, this is the second time I am typing this. Somehow, between the pop-up blocker and the spell checker, my original post got erased--ugh!

The drive through southern Missouri on I55 reminded me of the flat farm land between Tupelo and West Point, MS. Later, we encountered some hill country south of St. Louis which was a lot like the hills around Hot Springs, AR. The temperature was in the mid-40's this morning when we left. It was 62 degrees when we were driving out of St. Louis around 5 PM.

We lucked out and found a real nice Super 8 Motel. It appears to be new. It is a three story brick building with an indoor pool, exercise room, frig and microwave in the room, continental breakfast, and wireless internet. It is right next to hwy. 61. I highly recommend it if you ever need a room on the way to Rochester, MN.

The drive tomorrow should be more interesting because it is mixed two and four lane which goes through several small towns. I'll try to post an update tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home